Welcome to the Ladybird page
Staff working with childern in the Ladybird room of Greendyke Children Early Years Centre will post interesting material relating to your childs learning and development activities on this page. Please visit frequently for learning activity ideas, or just to see what is happening in the Ladybird room.
Hello lovely Ladybird families!
Welcome to our new children Maci, Lilianna, Charlotte Bradley, Daniel, Leonie and Minnie who have
moved up from the Bambi’s. We would also like to welcome Ayah, Jason, Olivia, Lewis, Ellie and
Victoria who are just staring their Ladybird journey.
The Ladybird team Jacqui, Siobahn, Martina, Louise and Genna look forward to working with you all.
particular messy play.
Some Ideas to keep everyone entertained
DIY Car Track – Eye Spy Bags – Bubble Wrap Printing – Bubble Snake – Bubble Painting
Ideas for in the home or on a walk
- Treasure hunt in the house!
- Teddy bears picnic in the house or garden (your little one can help prepare the picnic)
- Look for shapes in the clouds from your window or on a walk
- Build a fort with sheets and let them play for a little while…forts are always exciting!
- Have a dance party round the living room…lets see those moves
- Have a movie day…its perfectly ok to just chill and be with each other
Are you brave enough to get messy??
Arts and crafts:
Make your own sensory bottles:
Get some old juice bottles and fill them with water (not all the way to the top!) ad some food colouring, glitter or any other craft bits you have lying around….or why not try some rice or lentils.
Mix cornflour and water together and see what happens!
Water play in the bath (if you have one):
Let your little one play with things like jugs and bowls for filling and pouring.
Just some ideas for you to try, please don’t stress about them though…just try to have some fun.